The Pool Party

The Pool Party
Jim, Megan, Eli, Esther, Eden and Olive

27 September 2007

Sometimes It Works

So last night we ordered the best pizza in the world for our friends who just had their first baby. That pizza is, of course, Loui's, in Hazel Park. While Eli and I are paying for the precious cargo, the waitress says, "Your son can pick out his candy if he'd like." ... He liked, so, intrigued, he goes behind the counter and finds a tasty looking mini Hershey's bar.

Running back to the van, he shows off his prize to the Pool Party women. Esther looks very interested.

Megan: "Eli, I think Esther might like to try a little piece of that candy bar."
Eli: "I think she's too little to eat chocolate."
Megan: "No .. she's old enough and I think she might like it."
Eli: "Okay. I'll share it with her." He then breaks off a piece and hands across the back bench to her.
And then, as Esther smilingly bites in, Eli says, in one of those glorious parenting moments: "Esther, because I love you so much and because I knew you wanted to try it, I'm sharing my candy with you."
Ah ... sometimes it does work.

No comments: