The Pool Party

The Pool Party
Jim, Megan, Eli, Esther, Eden and Olive

05 September 2008

The Good News

I've had opportunity recently to discover again afresh the goodness of Jesus and the life that he offers. Recently I had need to ask forgiveness from some people I love. I had come under conviction that something I had done was wrong. My heart was heavy with my sense of sin. So I confessed this and asked for forgiveness. I was forgiven. I know God forgives me. And I now I feel at peace, with a light heart. I no longer carry the burden.

This is good news. We don't have to beat ourselves up or second-guess or anything like that. "If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just, and he will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." This is true. And it is just one more facet in the beautiful gem that is God's good news in Jesus.

No comments: