The Pool Party

The Pool Party
Jim, Megan, Eli, Esther, Eden and Olive

18 April 2011

Ponderings of the Heart

Twin moons of blue look up at me
Waiting has ceased with sweet closure
A new abandon of joy has been born
I ponder with Mary at what a savior you are

In wonder, recalling the dove you sent down
Cascading over the son, love soaked with pleasure
Sleep announces its end with a smile and a noise
I awaken each day and send my own dove

Sacrifice arrives like a much anticipated book
Comprehension of this gift escapes me
I hide away each moment in the vault of my heart
Sweetness reaches out to caress my face

Sending out, releasing, letting go
New seasons bring new meanings to familiar words
Creation embarked with the three intertwined
Was he easier to send having that time of delight?
A kernal of wheat is grasped in the hand
Many seeds hoped for
Certain deaths to die

1 comment:

concero said...

Yes! I love it. Cannot get enough of the poetry :)