The Pool Party

The Pool Party
Jim, Megan, Eli, Esther, Eden and Olive

07 April 2008

Jesus

So yesterday our church had a Next Step Lunch - a free lunch where folks newer to the church can meet one another and some leaders, and hear stories and ask questions about the church. It is usually very fun and this time was particularly cool. We had a great mix of people. Anyway, one of our leaders was sharing their perspective on the church; he was talking about how he loved how "Jesus-centered" our church was - that we worshiped Jesus, followed Jesus, that every sermon was focused on Jesus. And my heart started to melt: every time he said the word "Jesus" I got filled with this overwhelming emotion - part joy, part love, and more besides - for Jesus. I felt like crying.

A very similar thing happened during the worship time at our gathering that morning. I was just so overcome with love for Jesus, and the desire to give my life to him, to really follow him with everything I've got for all my days. Jesus is so wonderful. I love Jesus so much.

2 comments:

Zena and Joshua said...

i love the pool party.

Jim said...

Thanks, Z. We love you Team Neds-Force, too! How's life with Eleanor?