The Pool Party

The Pool Party
Jim, Megan, Eli, Esther, Eden and Olive

25 June 2008

How was your trip to Ethiopia?

Many of my friends are asking me this question. It is a natural question, a good question. I'd ask it. There are lots of ways to answer that question. In fact, I've put together a little story of my time a few posts previous. Here's the other way that I'd answer that question:

"Ethiopia was good. Looking at it from the 'work' side of seeing a network of self-sustaining, self-governing, self-reproducing Vineyard churches come into being that help bring transformation to the lives of people and the nation, this trip was sort of like a long training run (think 10-12 miles) when you're preparing for a marathon ... there isn't much to see for your efforts, and you're pretty sore and tired, but you know it was productive."

No comments: