The Pool Party

The Pool Party
Jim, Megan, Eli, Esther, Eden and Olive

25 June 2008

Surprise Birthday Party

So last Friday I had a surprise birthday party. It was very nice. Lots of friends, great food, cool beverages. Everyone had a nice time from what I could tell. What made it funny is that on like Wednesday morning, Eli and I were having breakfast and he looks at me and says, "Dad, we're having a surprise birthday party for you on Friday, but we're just not sure of the time." So the surprise part was sort of minimized. In fact, because Megan wasn't feeling very well that day, I ended up cooking the meal portion that we brought - though the Pulled Pork BBQ that was already there far surpassed it! When I told my friend, Ramon, that I cooked the dinner for my own surprise party, his response was, "Classic."

2 comments:

MSU Corey said...

Nice.

Do you remember Jason Wakeham's birthday party many years ago?

His little brother rolls in to a room full of guests and says "boy that ice cream cake sure looks good". Mom and Dad glare and gesture at him (it was supposed have been a surprise).

"No it doesn't!" he quickly replies.

Jim said...

yes, i do believe i do remember that, as a matter of fact. it was at their old place in holliday park, right?