The Pool Party

The Pool Party
Jim, Megan, Eli, Esther, Eden and Olive

17 July 2008

Biggby Coffee

So every now and then I hang out at the Biggby Coffee in Royal Oak, on Woodward, to work. Especially when I need to catch up on a bunch of email, or sometimes on Monday to blog. Anyway, every time I've been here, and I mean every time, there has been this guy in the corner on the phone, laptop open, talking loud. He's running some business from his phone and computer and phone at Biggby's. I get it, but it still feels a little weird. What do you think?

Oh, and yes, I'm back from vacation, and have lots of stuff to comment on from there, once I'm more settled in with work and life.

5 comments:

Reba said...

For the price of a cup of coffee, you too can rent an office space from a local coffee shop that offers WiFi. Hey, why not?

BIGGBY BOB said...

Except for the 'being to loud' part...I don't think it's weird :)

Jim said...

You know, can I say just how cool it is that you, Bob, the CEO of Biggby Coffee, personally responded to this blog post! Wow. I'm impressed.

You know, it isn't really that weird. It is sort of cool in its own way. Obviously he loves Biggby, and the rent is cheap! :) He's always in the same spot, in the same pose, no matter what day or time I'm there, like it is a continuation of the same ongoing conversation! Funny.

Zena and Joshua said...

i know a guy who works for xxxchurch and runs a web design concern (difted.com), who does exactly the same thing (works at biggby).

--jnf

Jim said...

sweet! i love the connection, josh!