The Pool Party

The Pool Party
Jim, Megan, Eli, Esther, Eden and Olive

23 January 2011

Friendship

An African woman surprised me today
She wore a flowered dress with a white shawl
She came to our gathering at her church building
I called those up for prayer who needed healing
The Spirit led her forward
We prayed and prayed
Our hands on her shoulder and head
She cried tears of God's mercy and
Presence
And God spoke to her
I told her he was giving her the new name
of Hallelujah
I told her he wanted to take away her pain and shame from her past
He wanted her to be a leader and mentor to younger women
In wisdom, purity and truth
She spoke no English and I no Amharic
Yet her tears told me that she heard
As I kissed and hugged her as we left
I felt a profound rush of intimacy
A gift of lift and flight
From a woman I'll most likely
Never see again

No comments: