The Pool Party

The Pool Party
Jim, Megan, Eli, Esther, Eden and Olive

01 February 2008

A Call From Home

So I was at work, yesterday, I think. This last week or two has been something of a blur. Anyway, like I said, I was at work and my cell phone rings with a call from home. I answer. As expected, it is Megan. "Eli has something he's concerned about and wants to tell you." "Wait," I hear in the background (its Eli), "I have to wash my hands." A minute later, after the scamper of feet to and fro, Eli's on the line. "Dad, I'm concerned that a bad guy who doesn't listen to Jesus is gonna point a gun at you and shoot you." "What else?" Megan says in the background. "Dad," he continues, "I'm concerned a rock will fall from the sky and hit your plan and make it crash." "Eli, wow. You know that won't happen. Do you know who will protect me?" A quick "Jesus" is shouted before he runs off. Interesting. We're praying for Eli. He's been a little irritable all week and now we realize that he's probably just concerned and doesn't really know how to express it. We're trying to help him talk about it and I know Meg is praying with him too.

No comments: