The Pool Party

The Pool Party
Jim, Megan, Eli, Esther, Eden and Olive

18 February 2008

Out of Africa

One of the things that has most stood out to me since coming home from Africa is how much we eat here in America. While in Ethiopia I usually ate only light meals, often skipping lunch altogether, and I didn't really seem hungry. Since coming home it has been a shock to my system to go back to 1/2 pound burgers and loads of fries and three full meals.

Another thought I've had is that even though I can come out of Africa, I'm not so sure I'll be able to get the Africa out of me. I showed a slideshow of pics from our trip at church this Sunday. Watching it made me want to go back. Africa gets inside you. I think that's what those who've been there knew, the ones who asked me, "So will this be your first time in Africa ...?" Those knowing dot, dot, dots say it all. They know, because the Africa is still in them too.

2 comments:

Reba said...

Africa is a force to be reckoned with, if you let it in. Trust me.

joan.ekimball said...

keep talking to us abt africa.