The Pool Party

The Pool Party
Jim, Megan, Eli, Esther, Eden and Olive

08 May 2008

Morning Reflections

I woke up again early this morning. Not quite as early as yesterday, but still pretty early and engaged with my day right from the start. I like to wake up early because it is a quiet space. I also like to spend time with Jesus. I've got a lot of ministry things I'm working on right now and I wanted to spend some good time in prayer, for them, and also to connect with God before engaging in a full day of working on them.

I was just sort of listening to this worship song, Beautiful, and it really dawned on me again how beautiful Jesus is. He's the reason I got up that morning. He's beautiful. And I wanted to gaze on and soak up his beauty. I just sorta sat there taking it all in, and it was good.

Then as I was on my way in to the office and leaving a message on a friend's voicemail, I had this strong impression reminding me that Jesus never fails. Jesus never fails. Jesus' love never fails. Isn't that good? This brings me hope. Man, I was almost moved to tears again, reflecting on how he never fails. He never fails us. He never fails to accomplish his purposes. Jesus, the Beautiful One, never fails.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good reminder that I need to hear a lot, thanks.

Jim said...

you're welcome!